“If I could tell the story in words,
I wouldn’t need to lug around a camera.”
Cocomichko, aka Biljana MICHEL, is a selftaught, curious and sensitive photographer. Born in Yougoslavia, she now lives in the heart of the Beaujolais region and works in Lyon, perfect places for her photography.
She catches details we most of the time do not pay attention to, plays with contrasts and perspectives to reveal emotions and unveils all our little foibles that make us so human. If the “street photography” is her favorite playground, Nature, landscapes and animals are subjects she tenderly and sincerely loves.
- 2016 | Third Place, Fisheye Magazine, Put into perspective
- 2017 | Second Place, SNCF & Wipplay, “CinéTrain”, Moments of cinema in the station
- 2017 | Favorites, CashEssentials & Wipplay, Happy cash, “When cash connects people”
- 2018 | Favorites, SNCF & Wipplay, “#7Familles”
- 2018 | Price “The Lumière brothers”, Caisse d’Epargne, Once upon a time tomorrow
- 2019 | Second Place, Magnum & Wipplay, Street photography
- 2017 | GD of Communication and Media & Digital Image, Paris, “Cinétrain”
- 2017 | OFCE, Paris, Happy Cash
- 2018 | Ground Control, Paris, Exhibition dedicated to 80 years of SNCF
- 2018 | Rencontres d’Arles, Arles, “To your loves!”, projection of the Night of the Year
- 2018 | Polka Gallery, Paris, Once upon a time tomorrow
- 2018 | Bank of Finland Museum, Helsinki, Happy Cash
- 2019 | Event Exhibition, Special TGV, Rencontres d’Arles, 5 years of collaboration in search of the best photographersSNCF
- Article : Humanist Photography : Play it like… Wipplay, Play it as Josef Koudelka with CocoMichko;
- Wipplay, Talent to follow;
- Magnum Learn, featuring on their Instagram wall.